Are you a fan of shopping at Torrid? If so, chances are, you've been invited by a store associate to apply for a Torrid Insider credit card. As with many retail brands that offer credit cards, the store promotes accounts to in-store customers as well through an online application form.
Getting Approved for a Torrid Insider Credit Card
The Torrid Insider credit card is an instant approval process, so you will find out right away if you are approved. The card is issued through Comenity Bank, which, according to DoctorOfCredit.com, is the financial services provider behind many store-brand credit cards.
Approval is based on creditworthiness, but you don't have to have stellar credit to qualify for an account. According to WalletHub, those who have a 'fair' credit score or better can be approved.
Torrid Credit Account Terms
The idea of saving money on the latest must-have Torrid fashions can be very appealing, but it's important to make sure you're well-informed about any credit card account you are considering. Thoroughly review all terms and conditions before opening or using this account (or any credit account).
- There is no annual fee to have an account.
- The interest rate is variable, meaning it will change as the Prime rate changes. As of March 2018, the annual percentage rate (APR) is 26.24 percent.
- Interest is calculated using the 'daily balance' approach, which is calculated by dividing the APR by 365 (the total number of days in a year). As of March 2018, the daily periodic rate (DPR) is 0.07189 percent.
- If you miss the due date for a payment, you will have to pay a $38 late fee in addition to interest charges.
- If you pay with a check and it ends up being returned due to insufficient funds, you will have to pay a $25 returned check fee in addition to any applicable late fees and interest charges.
- Circumstances that lead to account default include (but are not limited to): exceeding your credit limit, missing payment due dates, bouncing a payment, violating the cardholder agreement, filing bankruptcy, and more.
Torrid Insider credit cards are store-specific. This means you can only use it to make purchases from Torrid stores and Torrid.com. As a cardholder, you will have access to a wide variety of benefits in the form of store discounts. Examples include:
- 25 percent discount on the first purchase you make with the card
- Special $20 welcome offer to use in the store or website that arrives with your credit card
- Shopping passes that provide a 30 percent discount on designated days (twice each year)
- Other special discounts and offers made available exclusively to account holders
These benefits can provide a welcome way to save money, but they are only helpful in the long-run if you use your card wisely and avoid carrying a balance.
Earn Rewards Points Too
While some retailers (such as Macy's) are tying their loyalty programs to having a store-brand credit card account, that is not the case with Torrid. Whether you open a credit card with the store or not, be sure to sign up for their Torrid Insider rewards program. This will allow you to earn points toward future purchases every time you buy something in the store.
RewardExpert.com suggests Torrid customers may actually come out ahead by pairing the retailer's rewards program with a different credit card account that has a more generous rewards program rather than opening a store-specific account. It's definitely something to think about when making a decision, especially considering that the number of credit accounts you have can impact your credit score.
Online Account Management
Assuming you decide to move forward with opening an account, be sure to sign up for an online account center with Comenity Bank. This will allow you to take care of important account functions, like paying your bill and updating personal information, using your computer or mobile device. To start the process of getting set up, you'll just need to enter your account number, ZIP code, and the last four digits of your social security number (or an acceptable alternative form of identification).