Knowledge is power, and the team of writers at LoveToKnow is dedicated to covering all the potential questions and answers to simplify the decision process about credit cards. Whether you're looking for an easy overview of interest rates, the general features of a credit card, or how to compare credit cards, LoveToKnow is the place to start.
Types of Credit Cards
Delving into the wild world of credit card debt, can feel a bit like jumping off a rather large cliff. Especially if you are getting your first credit card. However, once you know more about the major credit card brands out there and what they are for, it'll feel less like a free fall and more like a controlled dive. Learn about some of the common types of credit cards out there, including:
- Getting a Credit Card after Bankruptcy: A finance expert will walk you through the different types of cards that might be beneficial to building up your credit after a bankruptcy.
- Gas Credit Card Options: Many gas stations like Shell, BP, and Exxon/Mobile offer their own line of credit cards for users. These cards typically have incentives to get you to sign-up for paying at the pump.
- Citibank Credit Cards Compared: Here you'll follow a financial coach as she explains the differences between Citi ThankYou Premier, Citi ThankYou Preferred and other popular Citibank cards.
Apply for a Credit Card
When you're applying for a credit card, there are a lot of different factors that you need to take into account. Most cards offer different levels of cards and limits depending on your FICO credit score. There is also the annual rate that will be charged and the interest rate for purchases. After looking at all the different factors, you can choose to sign up for a credit card online or apply for credit cards in the store.
Paying Off Credit Cards
After you've used your credit cards for making your purchases, now comes paying them off. You might choose to just pay the minimum payment or pay them off in full. Explore some tricks for paying off your credit cards quickly.
- Best Loans for Paying off Credits Cards: If you have a lot of credit card debit, you might choose to get a loan with a lower interest rate to pay it off. Break down some of the best loan types and find out how to apply.
- Using a Line of Credit to Pay of Credit Cards: Explore the different lines of credit available and what to watch for when paying off your credit card debit.
Credit Card Fraud
Credit card fraud or identity theft can happen to the best of us. When it strikes, LoveToKnow can help you to understand what credit card fraud is, how to report fraud, and how it might affect your credit score. Don't let thieves leave you in the dust, be prepared.
Using Credit Cards
Paying for something later that you bought now seems like a dream come true. But it isn't as easy as it sounds. Credit cards come with a lot of responsibility. You need to be able to understand the terminology, terms and conditions, along with payment requirements. And before you spend the money, make sure you'll be able to pay it back.