Amazon offers credit solutions for consumers, businesses and public service organizations. Cardholders are granted the opportunity to take advantage of perks while shopping on Amazon.com without ever being assessed an annual fee.
Amazon.com Store Card
This card is issued by GE Capital Retail Bank and can only be used on Amazon.com. However, it is quite beneficial for those who frequently shop on the website because of the following financing offers:
- 0% APR for six months on purchases of $149 or more
- 0% APR for 12 months on purchases of $599 or more
- 0% APR for 24 months on select items
Account activity can also be managed online and the account holder is never held liable for fraud.
Although the standard APR of 25.99% is a bit excessive, many reviewers from Credit Karma were satisfied with the card because of the remarkable financing options and easy approval process, even for those individuals with less-than perfect credit.
However, others were not impressed with the mediocre level of customer service they received when issues arose regarding delayed payments and billing discrepancies.
Apply for the Amazon.com Store Card by filling out an application on the Amazon website.
Amazon.com Rewards Visa
Frequent patrons of Amazon can also take advantage of the perks offered by this credit card, which is issued by Chase. The rewards system is as follows:
- 3 points for every $1 spent on Amazon
- 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants, drugstores and gas stations
- 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
The points never expire and there is no maximum earnings threshold. Points are redeemable for Amazon credits, cash back, travel and gift cards.
Reviewers from Viewpoints noted the exceptional service received from Chase along with the benefit of earning points that are simple to cash in.
On the contrary, Michael Dolen from Credit Card Forum stated in a recent review that more favorable rewards systems existed elsewhere. In addition, the introductory offer of $30 is not impressive when compared to similar cards available.
Apply for an Amazon Rewards Visa by applying on the Amazon website.
Amazon.com Corporate Line
Corporate credit lines are offered to various types of organizations, including: businesses, libraries and educational institutions. They are issued by GE Capital Retail Bank and possess many benefits, such as:
- Payment remittance by purchase order
- Detailed management reporting
- The ability to add several buyers to one account
- Online account management
The pay-in-full and revolving corporate lines are offered to organizations.
- Pay-In-Full corporate lines are designed for schools, government entities and libraries, and payment is due in full at the end of each month.
- Revolving corporate lines are only available to small and medium-sized businesses. Payment can be remitted over time, as long as the minimum amount is paid each month.
It is important to note that the corporate line of credit cannot be used to purchase the following:
- Cell phones and accessories
- Games and Software downloads
- Online newspapers and magazines
- Prime memberships
Apply for a corporate line of credit by applying on the Amazon website.
Compare Your Options
|Amazon.com Store Card||Amazon.com Rewards Visa||Amazon.com Corporate Line|
|Use||Only at Amazon.com||Any retailer that accepts Visa||Only at Amazon.com|
|APR||25.99%||14.24, 19.24 and 22.24%||varies|
|Special Offer|| |
0% APR for six months on purchases of $149 or more
0% APR for 12 months on purchases of $599 or more
0% APR for 24 months on select items
|$30 Amazon.com Gift Card when credit application is approved||n/a|
3 points for every $1 spent on Amazon.com
2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants, drugstores and gas stations
1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
Credit products offered by Amazon can be a good option for customers who frequent the Amazon website, but make sure to review options from other credit card companies to make sure you're getting the very best option at the most favorable interest rates and terms.